Saturday 4 June 2016

Pudding!

Ok, so if you follow my FB page, you will have seen that I shared a link to a recipe for a salted caramel and chocolate tart.  My husband so kindly tagged me in the post and requested it be made tonight, so after perusing the recipe and seeing that I actually only needed five ingredients, I thought, sure!  Why not?!

Now, in true Calamity Jayne styles, I didn't quite read the recipe properly and thought I had it down.  However, my caramel wasn't thick like it should have been.  Mine is more of a gooey caramel chocolate tart.

This is mine:

and this is what it was meant to look like:
Quite a difference!

Anywho, it was still super tasty (and super sweet!  I could only eat a tiny slice).

So, here is what you need:

1 double pack of oreos
200g butter
2/3C brown sugar
300ml cream
350g dark chocolate
1tsp vanilla

Blitz up the oreos until they are a fine crumb.  Add 75g melted butter and blitz again.
Press into a tart tin - I used a silicone mould or if you have a loose-bottom tin, use one of those.

Pop it in the freezer to set.
Put the brown sugar and remaining 125g butter into a saucepan and heat until melted.  Now, here is the important part.  You need to keep whisking it until it starts to bubble.  I didn't do this.  If you want it gooey, then by all means, just whisk until it has thickened.
Remove from heat and continue whisking, while slowly adding 1/4C cream.  I would also add 1tsp vanilla here, I think that would bring the flavour out more.
Set that aside to cool for a further ten minutes before pouring into the base and returning to the freezer.



Put the chocolate into a bowl.  Gently heat the cream on the stove and when warm, pour over the chocolate and stir to combine.  If the chocolate isn't melting enough, you can pop it in the microwave for 15 second bursts until it is a smooth consistency.

Pour over the top of the caramel and pop back in the freezer to set.
If you have the flaky salt, by all means sprinkle over top before serving.  I didn't have any of this, so didn't use it.


Be warned, you will only need a small slice, this is very sweet!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment