Wednesday 12 September 2018

Turkey Patties

Hello my lovelies!

It's been a long time, I know. And yes, I know I was meant to be working on another cookbook, but it just hasn't happened. It's time to accept the fact that I've taken on too much this year, and I just can't fit that in too. Perhaps next year.

Anywho, the lovely folks at Crozier's Turkeys asked me to try out their new Turkey Pattie recipe and see what I thought, so I'm going to share that with you today. Super easy to make, ingredients you can find easily, and a flavour that's just delish! 

Rosemary and Thyme Turkey Patties

Serves 4 - Gluten Free - Dairy Free

500g Croziers Truly Free Range Turkey Mince
1Tbsp Dried Rosemary
1Tbsp Dried Thyme
1Tbsp Garlic Granules
1Tbsp Onion Flakes
6Tbsp Sunflower Seed Meal (see below)
1 Medium Egg
1/2 C Grated Carrot
1/2 C Chopped Spinach
Salt and Pepper

*To make sunflower seed meal, blitz sunflower seeds in your food processor/nutri bullet/coffee grinder

**You can also use frozen spinach.

Mix all ingredients together and form into patties - I got 11 out of the mix, though you could make them bigger and do 8.



Place on a greased oven proof tray and cook at 180C for about 25 minutes, turning once.
Alternatively, add a little splash of oil to a pan and cook on the stovetop.



Serve with cranberry sauce or aioli for dipping.


These had such a lovely earthy flavour from the herbs, and everyone loved them! If you haven't already, check out Crozier's Turkeys here. They are the only truly free range turkey farm in New Zealand. 

Have a great weekend everyone, and happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment