Wednesday 22 May 2013

Mmmmm chocolate ...

I'm sitting down to write this with a steaming cup of hot chocolate :) Yes, that's right! I have perfected the recipe for the "Hot Chocolate Truffles" and thought I would share it with you lovely people!  No need to thank me, I know I'm awesome :)

Hot Chocolate Truffles
Makes 4

1C White chocolate buttons
1/4 C Cream
pinch of salt

Place all ingredients in a bowl and place in microwave for 30 seconds.  Remove and stir.  Continue heating in 20 second bursts (I only needed two more) until you get a smooth consistency.

Cover and place in fridge for at least 3 hours.

Place heaped tablespoonfuls onto clingfilm and wrap.  Place in freezer overnight.





Now to make these into the yummiest hot chocolate you've ever tasted!  All you need to do is put 1 1/4 C milk into a cup, add a truffle and pop in microwave for 2 minutes.  Stir until all mixed in, and ENJOY!  (You might want to let it cool a little first!)



Note: They actually stayed in their truffle shape this time!


You will remember from my last post, the troubles I was having with the fondant.  Yesterday I decided to give it another go.  I only had blue and pink colouring on-hand so was a bit limited as to what I could make.  It's my daughters birthday next week so thought I would attempt to make some kiddy shapes - teddy bear, cat, mouse, ladybird (which ended up as some sort of armadillo type creature!).  After many trials, Tegan suggested making animated monsters, and I have to say that was quite fun - not to mention easier to pass off  "Yea I meant for it to look that way"



I'm sure that with more practice I will master this fondant!  But all in all, I don't think it was too bad an effort.  At least my kids think I'm awesome :) and they can tell what each decoration is, so that's gotta be a good thing.

On a side note - Eli told me all his friends think I'm the best baker ever, cos he keeps bringing my cupcake creations to school for his morning tea :)


No comments:

Post a Comment