Saturday 25 May 2013

So I'm still getting used to this blogging thing.  We had friends over for dinner last night, and I only managed to take photos of the dessert I made, cos I made it during the day.  The actual meal, I kinda forgot about!  But it was very tasty!  A definite make again meal.

Basically, chicken wraps ( you know, salad, cheese, dressings, all wrapped in a tortilla ) but with the tastiest chicken :) That Jamie Oliver definitely knows what he's talking about!  So if you want something different for a change, and again, a bit healthier, then I'd totally recommend this meal.  The chicken is simply seasoned with salt and pepper, then a generous dusting of smoked paprika, and some polenta to form a crust.  Bash the chicken to tenderise and infuse the flavour, then fry - takes about 10 minutes to cook, and is super juicy and full of flavour!  

The dessert I made was a chocolate custard tart, served with blueberry flavoured cream.  Mmmmmm ... all plates were thoroughly cleaned up. 



 
 
Today I re-stocked our cupboards with baking ( I swear we are going through much more since I started writing this! ).
I made apple, banana and choc muffins as well as some vanilla biscuits.  Biscuits are similar to shortbread, only instead of icing sugar and cornflour, it uses caster sugar.  They taste pretty good, but I think I would rather stick to shortbread.  The muffins, I adapted a recipe for banana choc chip muffins.  Have yet to try them, so unsure if it's a success or not!  Will post recipe though if it is :)
 
This week will be a hectic week of baking and cooking as it is my daughters first birthday :) I have big plans for her cake, a dessert, lunch nibbles and cupcakes.  Of course I will try my best to keep record of it all this time.
 
Oh and side note - I was reading through my cupcake book, and stumbled across something interesting.  I now know why I was having so much difficulty with the fondant.  Apparently I am to add a hardening agent to make it into modelling paste!  So I will endeavour to find this ( pretty sure Kitchen Kapers will have it ) this week and hopefully I will have some better luck with it this time.  Now all I have to do is decide on what decorations to make for the party!


No comments:

Post a Comment